Tours, programs and events
Fermilab's site is open every day from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the summer months and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. the rest of the year. Public tours and tours by appointment are available. Public tours are offered every Monday, except holidays, at 1 p.m. Tours are also offered as part of the Ask-a-Scientist event on the first Sunday of each month, and on third Sundays during the summer.
The Lederman Science Center is open to the public and offers hands-on science exhibits for students. Visit the Lederman Science Center Web page for more information on hours and tours.
Those interested can volunteer with Fermilab Natural Areas, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to restore, manage and conserve Fermilab's natural areas in support of its science mission. View FNA's calendar of events.
Field trips are available for the following groups:
- High school groups: Groups of 10-100 students are welcome. Please see the Office of Education and Public Engagment high school tours page for more information.
- Middle, elementary and home school groups: Physical science and prairie ecology field trips are available for students in grades 1-8. Educators must participate in a field trip program workshop before bringing their students. More information is available on the Office of Education and Public Engagement Educators page.
Every month, Fermilab offers numerous events for the public. Check our calendar of public events for upcoming events. The best way to stay informed about these events is to subscribe to Fermilab Frontiers, Fermilab's community newsletter.
Follow these links to get more information about our public events:
- Calendar of public events
- Arts and Lecture Series
- Educational events
- Ecology events
- Ask-a-Scientist and Pregunte a un Científico
- Colloquium lecture series
- Fermilab Art Gallery
- Folk and Barn Dancing
- Last modified
- email Fermilab