Leadership and Organization
Fermilab is managed by Fermi Research Alliance LLC for the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science. FRA is a partnership of the University of Chicago and Universities Research Association Inc., a consortium of 89 research universities.
The Fermilab Directorate provides the leadership necessary to support and advance the laboratory's scientific mission. This includes setting lab policy and program direction and ensuring support and funding for Fermilab. The Directorate ensures and oversees compliance with applicable DOE contract requirements, regulations, and laws and establishes and maintains excellent relationships with Fermilab stakeholders.
The Fermilab directorate is advised by a number of committees and councils.
View the Fermilab organizational chart.
Fermilab's director is Lia Merminga. Access our division, section and center pages below.
- Illinois Accelerator Research Center
- Long-Baseline Neutrino Facility
- Neutrino Division
- Office of Communication
- Office of Education and Public Outreach
- Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Office of General Counsel
- Office of Integrated Planning and Performance Management
- Office of Partnerships and Technology Transfer
- Last modified
- email Fermilab