Product Installer's Guide
Part II Product Installer's Guide
Chapter 4: Product Installation Basics
This chapter provides general information about installing products including the three ways to install UPS products (UPD, tar and FTP) and how to determine where to install products on your system.
Chapter 5: Finding Information about Products using UPD
This chapter discusses finding information about products on a distribution node, in particular:
- how to find out which UPS products are available on a distribution node
- how to list a product's dependencies as declared on the distribution node
- product file permissions and pathnames for downloading products from fnkits via FTP
- special instructions for downloading proprietary products from fnkits
Chapter 6: Installing Products Using UPD
This chapter guides you through installing products from a UPS/UPD product distribution node using the UPD command upd install.
Chapter 7: Installing Products Using tar
This chapter describes how to use tar to install products.
Chapter 8: Installing Products using FTP
This chapter describes how to download a product using FTP, install it, and declare it to a local UPS database.
Chapter 9: Product Installation: Special Cases
This chapter provides product installation information about specific cases. It discusses:
- how to install products requiring special privileges
- how to install into a local products area using the installation of UPD in AFS space
- how to install products into the AFS-space UPS products area
Chapter 10: Troubleshooting UPS Product Installations
This chapter provides a few hints if things don't seem to work after installing a product.
Last revised on May 2014