Wednesday September 10 through Friday September 12
All shifts began in shutdown.
On Wednesday, operators responded to a smoke detector alarm for the Linac Annex. The alarm was due to a H-Source transformer oil-processing unit.
Tevatron Shutdown Jobs
Here are the major jobs for the Tevatron.
- Install F0 Lambertson liners
- Install A-48 Collimator
- Fix cold leaks at A-4, F-1, and E-2
- Collider Detector Facility concrete shield wall rebuild
- Smart bolt shimming 106 dipoles around B0 and D0.
- Tevatron survey network include installing monuments and measuring magnets positions
- HLS system at B sector instrument 26 quadrupoles
- Replace 50 magnet stands around ring
- Tevatron roll measurements
- Conning tower work in sectors that are warmed up
- Octupole circuits
- Sextupole at A0
- BPM wiring and fixing
- General clean up in tunnel
- Add 6 sumps pits in tunnel
And here is a simple picture that shows where some of these jobs are occurring.
Accelerator Update Archive
For Tevatron luminosity charts and the current status of Fermilab's
accelerators and detectors (live!), please go to Fermilab Now
Comments and Suggestions
What do you think about the Accelerator Updates? Please send comments and suggestions to: email@example.com.