Fermilab Today - Guidelines
Fermilab's Office of Communication publishes Fermilab Today each Monday through Friday at 9 a.m.
Have an article idea? Photo? Suggestion? Email it to Fermilab Today at firstname.lastname@example.org, call Leah Hesla at x5136, or visit the Office of Communication between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Fermilab Today content is often planned three weeks in advance. Please contact Fermilab Today staff as early as possible to discuss publication dates and deadlines and before writing any drafts or submitting notices.
When writing an article for Fermilab Today, please keep in mind the following:
- Fermilab Today’s audience spans a broad range of professions and interests. Administrators, scientists, computing professionals, maintenance workers, technicians, engineers, educators and students all read Fermilab Today.
- Most of our readers are not experts in your profession. Don't use technical jargon.
- Use information from interviews and quote your sources. This information helps to personalize your article and make it more interesting to readers.
- Readers always benefit from images, graphics, videos or other supplemental visual material. This material can help to reinforce the points of the article
- Articles will be edited to conform with the Fermilab Today style.
Fermilab Today staff are interested in publishing articles on a wide range of story topics, including:
- Professional achievements and milestones (awards, retirements, records, etc.)
- Profiles of Fermilab employees and users
- Letters to the editor
- Off-beat hobbies
- Recycling/energy-saving practices at the lab
- Research milestones, records
- Scientific research, advances in technology
- The benefits or applications of particle physics
- Projects involving other laboratories or universities
Images & video submission:
Images should be no smaller than 780 pixels wide x 450 pixels high. Photos and graphics related to the Fermilab grounds, science or personnel or to high-energy physics.
Send in announcements by using the announcements form. The announcements form is also located on the Announcements Web page.