This week we offer an eight-question multiple-choice ES&H quiz. Go through the questions and note your answer for each. Then click on the link at the bottom to see the correct answers and explanatory text.
1. In most cases, the first person I should talk to about an ES&H matter is my _________.
a) senior safety officer b) mother-in-law c) supervisor
2. Fermilab's emergency phone number is ________.
a) 1-1-3 b) 3-1-3-1 c) 9-1-1 d) 1-9-1-9
3. The primary cause of occupational injuries at Fermilab is _________.
a) acts of nature b) behaviors c) conditions d) liabilities
4. Who is authorized to stop work at Fermilab due to an ES&H problem?
a) The Lab Director b) The supervisor of the work being done
c) Any senior safety officer d) Anyone doing work at the Lab
5. The most common type of emergency response at Fermilab involves a __________.
a) fire alarm b) work injury c) severe weather warning d) loss of beam
6. Fermilab was inspected by OSHA in 03/2004. The most common type of finding involved __________ hazards.
a) biological b) chemical c) electrical d) mechanical
7. Fermilab's waste minimization/pollution prevention program is anchored by the following tenets:
a) collect, recover and sell b) location, location, location
c) minimize and prevent d) reduce, reuse and recycle
8. Fermilab uses an electronic form referred to as the __________ in order to match ES&H training requirements to work exposures.
a) OOPA b) ITNA c) WAAF d) CAIRS
Safety Tip of the Week Archive