Guidelines for participating photographers
- You must be 18 years of age to participate in the Fermilab Photowalk.
- Participants in the 2010 Fermilab Photowalk, as well as employees and users of the lab and their families, are not eligible for the 2012 Photowalk.
- Only photographers with confirmed registration will be able to participate in the Fermilab Photowalk on Sept. 22.
- You must wear closed-toed shoes without high heels.
- When you arrive at Fermilab on Sept. 22, you must fill out and sign a photo release form if you wish to submit the photos taken during the event to the Photowalk photo contest.
- During the Photowalk, you must adhere to all Fermilab safety rules and follow the instructions given to you by your Photowalk guides.
- No eating and drinking in the technical areas. Water will be provided on the bus. No smoking in any building on site.
- Stay at all times with your assigned Photowalk group and guides, and use the buses provided by Fermilab to travel from photo shoot to photo shoot.
- Stay within the assigned areas set aside for the Photowalk and stay out of areas marked with CAUTION tape. No wandering off. No opening of doors without authorization.
- No standing above floor surface. No use of ladders will be allowed, and no standing on chairs, tables or camera cases. Climbing on Fermilab equipment or apparatus is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
- Look around, walk around and take pictures, but do not touch any equipment or objects. Rearranging or moving items at the Photowalk locations is not allowed. No opening of cabinets, drawers, etc.
- Large rolling cases for photo equipment will not be allowed. Each photographer participating in the Photowalk must be able to carry all photo equipment at once, and carry in one trip all personal items onto the bus that brings the Photowalk groups to the photo shoot areas. You may not bring and use an assistant, unless you require assistance due to a disability.
- Photographers will not be allowed to plug in any electrical devices during the walk. Make sure you have enough charged batteries to last you for the entire event (about four hours). The use of long cords (flash cords, sync cables, camera releases) that could be a trip hazard will not be allowed.
- The use of tripods will be allowed.
- Be courteous to your fellow photographers.
- Have fun.
If you have questions about the Fermilab Photowalk and its guidelines, please call 630-840-3349 or email email@example.com.