Fermilab offers Intensity Frontier Fellowships to outstanding researchers in the areas of neutrino physics, muon physics, and other topics in the Intensity Frontier. Fellows will receive funding to allow enhanced participation in Fermilab experimental and data analysis efforts, in relevant areas of particle physics theory, or in future projects. The fellowships provide the ability for researchers to spend significant time at Fermilab, with the goal of expanding and sustaining an intellectual center of excellence within the laboratory.
We seek researchers with a doctorate in particle or nuclear physics who will use the resources available at Fermilab to make a major contribution to the Intensity Frontier in the areas of physics analysis of experiments, development of relevant particle physics theory, or development of future projects. The fellowship provides an outstanding opportunity for young scientists to develop an independent research program.
Successful candidates will ordinarily be resident at Fermilab for 50 percent or more of the duration of the fellowship.
- Term: 6 months to 1 year.
- During the requested award period, candidates must be employed by a U.S. or non-U.S. institution. Fermilab employees are not eligible.
- Renewable to maximum of 2 years, with new proposal.
- Financial support: up to 50 percent of researcher’s total current compensation, with remainder from researcher’s home institution. Award levels are made consistent with available funding.
- Awards may include a travel budget.
- A financial plan and travel plan should be included in the application.