Mayda Velasco (by phone)
Physics Goals: "CKM Matrix", CP violation, Matter Effects, Sterile Neutrinos
First Order of Business: Merger with the Detector group
Detectors to Explore:
1. Steel Scintillator/Toroid Spectrometer -PGS,DAH
(a la CCFR, NuTeV, MINOS)
Neutral Current/Charged Current tests
Wrong sign muon spectrum tests
2. "Kinematic bubble chamber" -MV
(a la ICARUS, CHORUS, or NOMAD)
Tau ID--what channels are accessible?
How can this type of detector be parameterized?
(energy resolution, particle id, etc)
3. Cerenkov Counters - RS
(Kamiokande, ICECUBE, MiniBoone)
Uncharted territory for muon storage ring beam
For Each Detector, want:
1. Good/Fast monte carlo with at least salient features included
2. Incorporate starndard input flux file format, to save on flux generation time.
3. Determine if detector can be at ground level (as function of energy!)
4. What signals are accessible in what detector?
Table of experimental signatures: RHB
COME JOIN US!
there is still much room for help!
Do you have a favorite detector not being studied?
Do you want/have you already sorted through the
* CP violation literature
* Matter Effects literature
* Sterile Neutrinos (what's allowed, how many?)
--These literature studies have excessive overlap with theory section, will try to get experts to corroborate.
We want to study several scenarios--much work has been done on detector types 1 and 2
with one scenario...don't want to reinvent the wheel but want to expand that work.
Please write firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up and or change the meeting schedule!