October 2006 - September 2007
October 2005 - September, 2006
October, 2004 - September, 2005
October, 2003 - September, 2004
October, 2002 - September, 2003
October, 2001 - September, 2002
October, 2000 - September, 2001
- Job Career II: Terry Heuring. Physics and Policy: Applying Science to Affect Decisions in National Security. August 14, 2001
- Job Career: Kevin Davis and Jun Masui. Perspectives on leaving HEP. August 1st, 2001
- GSA Summer Class: 'Physics on the frontier and in the future'. July 31-August,7, 2001.
- GSA Accelerator Class: 'Accelerator: Theory and Applications'. Starts on July,20th, 2001 (~10 weeks long).
- GSA Tours: 'CDF, D0 and NuMI/MINOS'. CDF July, 19th. D0 July, 25th. NuMI August 7th, 2001
- New Perspectives 2001 June 12-13, 2001
- Halloween Party '00: October 30th, 2000. Check out the halloween pictures!
October, 1999 - July, 2000
- GSA Accelerator Class July 20th, 2000.
- New Perspectives 2000 A graduate Student Conference. June 27-29th, 2000.
- Town Meeting: Minutes from last Town meeting. June, 2000.
- Health Insurance: Minutes from last UEC meeting. April, 2000.
- Education Program: Have fun teaching!. March, 2000.
- Survey 2000: Health survey for grad students.
- Mid Winter Blues Party. February, 2000.
Pictures page 1
Pictures page 2
Pictures page 3
- Town Meeting We had our first town meeting! February, 2000.
- Halloween Party '99. October 29th, 99. Check out the halloween pictures!
- New GSA reps announced. October, 99.
- Career Workshop Tips from grad students
that attended carrer seminars and job fairs. September, 99.
Online GSA Journal August, 99
September, 1999 - September, 1998
- GSA Elections: Nominate the '99-'2000 GSA reps, send mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org September, 99.
- NP99 Conference Photo Album, slides of J.D. Jackson Keynote Address and slides of talks. July, 99.
- GSA Career Seminar:The Hull group. July, 99
- New Perpectives 99, 9-10 July
- March 30th, 99: UC Music room 7:00pm-11:00pm. job discussion + GSA spring party. Tim Jones (UC Berkeley) discusses his comeback to HEP after a stint in industry the tranparencies of the talk are here + Spring party: GSA celebrates the National Poetry month (April) with poetry reading featuring John Green.
- January 18th and 19th, 99: Career Workshop sponsored by the UEC to be given. Here is the skinny on it. To register, fax or email the filled-out form
to Linda Coney.
- January 14th, 99: Artbeat GSA Poetry Reading Hoedown in the User's Center Music Room at 8:00pm. Readings by John Green (younger bro. of Andrew Green).
- December 14th, 99: Open GSA meeting, 6:00 8:00 pm, TV Room, Users Center.Pizza at 6:00 pm.
- The Halloween '98 party announcement
- October 7th, 98:Judy Franz, APS Executive Officer visited Fermilab on Wednsday Oct. 7th and met with grad students.
- October 3th, 98: The first UEC meeting was held on October 3. Transparencies of the GSA report can be found here.
- October 2nd, 98: The GSA fall '98 cookout.(Feb 2) pictures from the party.
September, 1998 - September, 1997
- Summer 98: The GSA Tours of Fermilab Series went all through the summer. The schedule is right here.
- July, 98: The graduate student conference: New Perspectives '98. Review the New Perspectives '98 home page.
- June, 98: The GSA has compiled information about graduate student stipends via a survey. Examine the results here.
- May, 97: A GSA social event was the GSA Town Hall Meeting on May 26 '97. See what they talked about on their agenda.
- March, 97: The GSA hosted Spring Fling on March 20 in the Users Center Music Room.
- The GSA put up their Halloween '97 Party pictures on the web... finally.
- September, 97: Transparancies from Dave Gerdes' 11 September 1997 presentation, "How to Stay in HEP, or How to Get What You Came For When You Came to Fermilab" are available. As an added bonus, they're upside-down!
- August, 97: You may wish to examine the results of a relatively recent survey of graduate students and postdocs that was presented to the HEPAP Subpanel on 13 August 1997 by Michael Begel and Tacy Joffe-Minor.