Labwide calendar information
Types of events permitted on Fermilab labwide calendar
The Fermilab calendar features events that anyone at the laboratory may attend. Listed below are event types that are allowed to posted to the labwide calendar as well as event types that are not allowed. If you have questions about whether your event may be posted, please call 630-840-3351.
- Public tours
- Scientific talks and seminars
- Nonscientific talks and seminars
- Conferences that Fermilab employees and users may attend if they register
- Workshops that Fermilab employees and users may attend if they register
- Education events
- Cultural events
- Recreational and wellness events and classes
- All-hands meetings
- Information sessions
- Lunch and Learn talks
- Ecology and environment tours and events
Also allowed are any events deemed by the directorate to be of major significance to the laboratory, including:
- Division and section all-hands meetings
- Collaboration meetings at Fermilab
- Project reviews at Fermilab
Events that are not permitted
- Private or restricted meetings, except as noted above
- Non-Fermilab events
- Off-site events
- Project reviews
- Construction closures
- Power or computing outages
- Emergency drills
Submitting an event to the labwide calendar
Everyone with a Services account may submit events to the labwide calendar.
- In either your Outlook client or an Outlook web application, add the event to your personal calendar or appropriate calendar. Be sure to enter the event's name, date(s), time(s) and location(s). If it is a repeating event, be sure to indicate that as well.
- Invite email@example.com to your event. You may opt to request a response if you prefer.
- A calendar manager will approve the event if it is appropriate for the labwide calendar, after which it will appear on the calendar. Please note that the approval may not occur immediately.
Information to enter in labwide calendar events
When submitting an event through your Outlook calendar client, include:
- Subject: Enter the name of the event.
- Location: Enter location or room where the event will be held.
- Dates and times. Enter start and end dates and times for the event. If the event is an all-day event, select the All-day Event button instead of entering times.
- Free-form text area. Enter other relevant information. If there is a link for the event, enter the link in this field. For talks or presentations, enter the name and institution (if relevant) of the presenter and title of the presentation. Use unabbreviated terms in this field. If the event is not open to all lab staff, include a sentence such as, 'Attendance is limited only to [x]. For more information, contact [name and email].'
- Last modified
- email Fermilab