System Administrator's Guide
Part III System Administrator's Guide
Chapter 11: Maintaining a UPS Database
In this chapter we assume that you have UPS/UPD installed and that you have a working database and products area. We provide instructions and examples for performing the following functions:
- declaring product instances to a database
- declaring, removing and changing chains
- removing product instances
- verifying the integrity of a product instance
- modifying information in a database file
- determining if a product needs to be updated
- updating a table file or ups directory
- retrieving an individual file from a distribution node
- checking product accessibility
Chapter 12: UPS and UPD Pre-install Issues and General Administration
This chapter guides users through the administrative decisions and tasks that are involved in preparing to implement UPS/UPD, and information regarding general administrative tasks.
Chapter 13: Obsolete
Chapter 14: Installing UPS and UPD from Bootstrap
Automated installs are provided by the Computing Division. You can choose a pre-defined configuration and use it as is or edit it, or you can define your own configuration. Alternatively, it is possible to run a manual installation from a bootstrap tar file.
Chapter 15: Automatic UPS Product Startup and Shutdown
This chapter covers configuring your system to support automatic startup and shutdown of UPS products, and installing individual UPS product instances to start and stop automatically.
Last revised June 2014