ANL-UChicago-FNAL Collaboration on Detector R&D
3:00 - 6:00 pm Tuesday, May 15, 2007 followed by Dinner at 6:30 pm
5640 S. Ellis Ave. Univ. of Chicago, HEP Building 3rd Floor Conference Room
Special Topic: Cosmological Computing (3:00 - 3:30 pm) - Presentation (15') and Discussion (15')
The cosmological computing group at FNAL/UChicago will present their work.
This will help understand possible collaboration opportunities with
Summary and Action Items
- Next meeting will be held at Argonne in September, 2007.
- Working groups formed based on common interests / potential synergy
- CMS, ATLAS, ILC detector R&D:
group leaders - Harry Weerts, Jim Pilcher,
FNAL-CMS person (TBD), and Marcel Demarteau
- HEP Pixel Detector technology for Photon Science:
group leaders - Ray Yarema and Patricia Fernandez
- TES/bolometers for CMB and other applications:
group leaders - Karen Byrum, Clarence Chang (Steve/John), Dan Bauer
- SiPM as small, high gain photon collection devices:
group leaders - Bob Wagner, Erik Ramberg
- Fast Timing
group leaders - Henry Frisch, Karen Byrum, Erik Ramberg
- Cosmological Computing:
group leaders - Scott Dodelson and Karen Byrum
- Simulation: one page document describing end-to-end simulation by Henry Frisch
- We will have progress reports from smaller working groups at the next meeting.